The Recurrent Mefitraveler
posted July 24, 2017 8:48 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sat August 12 at 12:00 PM, Roosevelt Sip 'N' Eat
2817 24th St, San Francisco, CA, USA (Map & Directions)
SF or Bay Area mefites: let's do brunch again? Details confirmed: Roosevelt Sip 'N' Eat, on Saturday, Aug. 12, at noon! The consensus seems to be in favor of math puns.
(From original description: I'm visiting your part of the world again during the second and third weeks of August. Some time during the week of August 7 might be better timing for me, though. I promise not to make too many obscure math puns.)
posted by eviemath to Meetup (28 comments total)

Yes! Especially with obscure math puns.
posted by gingerbeer at 11:03 PM on July 24 [1 favorite]

I just deleted an obscure math pun instead of posting it. It's probably better if I distribute it discretely to those who are interested, right?
posted by gryftir at 1:42 AM on July 25 [2 favorites]

I am likely too far away to make it, but on the off-chance it could be a Saturday (8/12) afternoon thing, I'm going to say "Maybe." And also put in a vote for a Saturday afternoon or early evening thing.
posted by lazuli at 6:36 AM on July 25

I might be trying to get a monthly SF meetup going soon, but I'll be out of town that week : /
posted by zerolives at 12:35 PM on July 25

Midday brunch on Saturday, August 12, then?
posted by eviemath at 1:22 PM on July 25

Somewhere with vegetarian fare and mimosas again? That place in the Mission that y'all took me to a couple years ago was quite good.
posted by eviemath at 1:23 PM on July 25

I would probably be in for something veg-friendly on the afternoon of 8/12!

(Just imagine me as an literal icosahedron showing up at your event, I guess)
posted by icosahedron at 10:41 PM on July 25 [1 favorite]

So, location-wise, I know Rosamunde is good. My web search also turns up: Saturn Cafe in Berkeley, St. Francis Fountain, Red Door Cafe, Sun Rise Restaurant. Thoughts? Alternate suggestions?
posted by eviemath at 4:21 AM on July 27

Or, a later in the day option might be a tasting at the St. George Distillery?
posted by eviemath at 4:06 PM on July 27

I am seriously in favor of anything. I will be driving in from the North Bay, so something with parking (which I realize is a silly request) or near BART so that I can park near a different BART station would make me happy. Drinks, food, Bay-Area stuff, math puns -- all make me happy.
posted by lazuli at 9:32 PM on July 28 [1 favorite]

I too am in favor of any of the proposed plans, though my availability for that week is constrained by some TBD houseguest stuff, so who knows if I can actually make it.
posted by aubilenon at 9:46 PM on July 28 [1 favorite]

St. Francis will likely have quite a long line of people waiting then, in which case I would heartily recommend moving a few doors up the street to the Roosevelt Tamale Parlor. You may even want to do that pre-emptively.
posted by gingerbeer at 5:35 PM on July 31 [1 favorite]

It has excellent vegetarian fare and mimosas, too!
posted by gingerbeer at 5:36 PM on July 31

Looks tasty! From the menu online, all of the brunch dishes involve eggs - do we have any vegans planning on attending?
posted by eviemath at 6:04 PM on July 31

I eat everything, and was just craving tamales.
posted by lazuli at 6:43 PM on July 31

Done!
posted by eviemath at 6:54 PM on July 31 [1 favorite]

The link is for st Francis fountain
posted by brujita at 8:04 PM on July 31

Fixed!
posted by eviemath at 4:19 AM on August 1

Aw man, I will be in the Bay Area next week (for a math class no less!) but my flight home is around 1:00 Saturday afternoon. Anyone interested in getting together before then? I'll be in SF this weekend and Richmond the following week.
posted by Flannery Culp at 9:17 AM on August 1

What great news - I hadn't heard that the Roosevelt had reopened, I've been hoping for a SF IRL, and the resident honorary MeFite in the house loves nothing more than some good (or bad) math puns, so we'll definitely try to make it!
posted by KatlaDragon at 11:00 AM on August 6

I'm also going to get toast at the Oakland location of Trouble Coffee on Sunday around 9ish, if anyone can't make it on Saturday but has time on Sunday morning:)
posted by eviemath at 9:20 PM on August 10

I will have time on Sunday morning; see you there!
posted by Bella Donna at 10:15 AM on August 11 [1 favorite]

It would be great to get a better headcount for Saturday -- we gave the Roosevelt a heads up that we'd be in with a group on Saturday, but if folks have moved from maybe to yes, let us know and we can get there a little early and make sure we have enough seats.
posted by gingerbeer at 10:49 AM on August 11 [2 favorites]

oh hey sorry for the late RSVP, but I'm looking forward to joining!
posted by danny the boy at 11:05 AM on August 12 [1 favorite]

I'm the person with the curly blonde hair and purple scarf!
posted by eviemath at 11:57 AM on August 12

At the six-person table straight and to the right as you come in.
posted by eviemath at 11:59 AM on August 12

Walking out of the house, be there in a minute.
posted by rtha at 12:01 PM on August 12 [1 favorite]

Lovely meeting/seeing you all!
posted by lazuli at 2:59 PM on August 12 [1 favorite]

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments