Springtime drinks in Chicago
posted February 14, 2017 12:34 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Thu March 16 at 5:00 PM, The Long Room
1612 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL, USA (Map & Directions)
Hi y'all, I'm going to be in Lakeview/Boystown in the afternoon. I'm totally flexible on time and place as long it's 4 pm or later. I just picked the Long Room because we've been there before and they have food. Can't wait to see the Chicago Cabal again!
posted by AFABulous to Meetup (11 comments total)

The Long Room is great and works really well when you aren't sure how many people will be showing up or what time they'll be getting there, so I think it's a good choice! As long as a couple of us get there around 5 we should be able to take over the back room like we've done before, and I don't think it'll be any problem for me to get there by 5 or even a little earlier.
posted by jessypie at 8:46 PM on February 14 [1 favorite]

DAMMIT, I'll be in Houston. Sorry to miss you this time!
posted by misskaz at 6:06 AM on February 15

Yeah, unless something work related comes up closer to the day, I'll probably work from home that day so that I can surely be there by 5 as well (given that the blue pin in the above map gets you half way from the Long Room to my apartment -- I'm close!).
posted by MCMikeNamara at 7:16 AM on February 15 [1 favorite]

misskaz, seems like I'll have a lot of free time coming up so I'll probably get down there again before long!
posted by AFABulous at 8:22 AM on February 15 [1 favorite]

I've got a thing later that night but I should be able to swing by for a little while at least!
posted by eamondaly at 10:07 AM on February 15 [1 favorite]

Hey, we're back by then, so I'm in. Long Room is always awesome!
posted by crush-onastick at 2:53 PM on February 17 [1 favorite]

I may be dragging a non-mefite friend along with me to Chicago, so be cool, don't mention the sacrificial ritual.
posted by AFABulous at 3:59 PM on February 19 [1 favorite]

I may be dragging a non-mefite friend along with me to Chicago, so be cool, don't mention the sacrificial ritual.

That's a tall order, since it will have happened just a few days before. We'll try!
posted by Fig at 1:22 PM on February 22 [1 favorite]

I love how no one explains what the fuck that event even is.
posted by AFABulous at 8:01 PM on February 22

What? There most assuredly is NO Chicago Cabal.
posted by crush-onastick at 12:58 PM on February 23 [2 favorites]

I'm also going to be at this trans liberation protest next Friday (Mar 3) so ping me if you're going. I'm probably going to be ferrying other people from Milwaukee so my schedule will be dependent on them.
posted by AFABulous at 5:12 PM on February 24

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.