I'm coming to Seattle!
posted June 3, 2022 9:29 AM   RSS

Hello, friends! I'm going to be in Seattle in August and I'd love to meet you in person. I don't know a thing about Seattle so I need your help on the WHERE please, but I do at least know the when: Thursday August 18.
I'll be staying about a half mile NW of Pike Place Market and will be walking around and going to museums that day.
posted by phunniemee to Proposed (6 comments total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

I hope it will be an outdoor meetup. If so, I'll be there!
posted by QuakerMel at 8:42 AM on June 4

I'm potentially interested in an outdoor meetup as well, depending on smoke.
posted by blueberry monster at 9:57 AM on June 4

Thirding.

Olympic Sculpture Garden? Cal Anderson / Molly Moon’s?
posted by clew at 12:32 PM on June 4

Seattle Asian Art Museum: the energetic can climb to the top of the Roman style tower of the brick enclosed water tank. The languid can sit across from the reflecting pool. Bonus features: the incredible dahlia garden just NE of the Museum and visit the flowers and foliage with the nearby conservatory.

As for food, it can be ordered and delivered from Olympia Pizza, which is a mere three blocks away. Drinks are BYOB but again, it's a 3 or 4 block walk to where beer and wine to go could be purchased, liquor just few blocks further. Or make arrangements with a local member such as myself. As it is Seattle, weather permitting of course.
posted by y2karl at 4:48 PM on June 4

But in August, the weather is usually most permitting. And Volunteer Park is a just a few blocks north and east of Cal Anderson and has far more ample parking.
posted by y2karl at 4:54 PM on June 4 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.