Trivia Mafia Spring Invitational
posted April 8, 2017 7:31 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sat May 13 at 1:00 PM, Amsterdam Bar and Hall
6 W 6th St, St Paul, MN, USA (Map & Directions)
It's March May Madness at the Amsterdam as Trivia Mafia hosts a 32-team tournament. Go big or go home!
Saturday, May 13, 1:00-5:00 pm. From the official event post:
Teams of up to 6 people will compete for the chance to win the grand prize of $600 (or one of our many sizable consolation prizes).

Teams will be seeded via a short initial trivia round. Then we'll do four "stages" of trivia, with the tournament bracket updating as we go. At the end of each round, winning teams will advance and match up against another winning team. Losing teams will enter consolation pools, so they can keep playing trivia all day long.

Prizes will be awarded to each of the Final Four teams, with winners and runners-up in each of the 3 consolation pools getting something to take home.
So, if you are ready for four straight hours of craziness, join the team! Friends of Matt has won several times at this location so it has good juju.
posted by Flannery Culp to Meetup (8 comments total)

Yes! I have had that slot blocked out in my calendar for weeks.
posted by a car full of lions at 12:41 AM on April 9 [1 favorite]

I believe I can go to this!
posted by triggerfinger at 7:56 AM on April 9 [2 favorites]

Go Friends of Matt Go! I'll be sending good vibes your way.
posted by holmesian at 11:09 AM on April 9

Unfortunately I have a prior commitment. Best o'luck!
posted by ZeusHumms at 6:26 AM on April 12

We owe you for the team ticket, right? Should we bring cash?
posted by a car full of lions at 3:44 PM on April 12

The ticket was $100, so we can split it by however many join the team. Cash is probably easiest.

One month and counting! Should we set a practice session before then? Maybe at a Minneapolis location for a change?
posted by Flannery Culp at 12:20 PM on April 13

Any chance you could deal in a late arrival? I've got a prior commitment but should be able to roll in a little after 1.
posted by tellumo at 2:10 PM on April 14

Hmm, good question. Usually it isn't an issue but with an event this large they might be more strict about people coming and going after it starts. I will investigate and report back.
posted by Flannery Culp at 4:10 PM on April 20

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.