There's No Place Like TO for the Holidays
posted November 6, 2019 7:35 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun December 15 at 3:00 PM, Drake Commissary
128a Sterling Rd, Toronto, ON M6R 2B7, Canada (Map & Directions)
Hey Toronto and area friends, we haven't seen each other in a bit. Let us be festive together!
OK, we now have a date and a likely location - if anyone is going to have trouble getting there please let me know and we can adjust. I'll book a table.
posted by wellred to Meetup (21 comments total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Works for me!
posted by grouse at 9:55 AM on November 6 [2 favorites]

Brilliant idea! That weekend looks free for me at this point.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 12:01 PM on November 6 [1 favorite]

Any preferences for day or location?
posted by wellred at 6:22 AM on November 7

I'd love to say hi to some local MeFites. If I'm not working I'll do my best to join up.
posted by Evstar at 7:01 AM on November 7 [1 favorite]

I'd love it if we could have it in the west end this time, rather than downtown as usual.
posted by orange swan at 8:29 AM on November 7

Want to suggest a place, orange swan?
posted by grouse at 9:38 AM on November 7

I am currently booked the evening of the 14th but could do evening of the 13th (Friday) or anytime on the 15th.
posted by rat 'n loveseat at 12:02 PM on November 7

Maybe Sunday is the thing then?
posted by wellred at 12:22 PM on November 7

Sounds great! No idea what place works best over holidays, but a Sunday afternoon thing might be easiest to book?
posted by obliquity of the ecliptic at 3:57 PM on November 7

Sunday matinee sounds good.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 6:51 PM on November 7

Is Liberty Village too difficult for people? There are some larger pubs there like the Local. Or is subway line essential?
posted by wellred at 6:40 AM on November 8

It works for me but I think it would be rather inconvenient for others.
posted by grouse at 6:49 AM on November 8

I need help finding something in the west then, because that's the only west place I know with larger spaces. Halp please! :)
posted by wellred at 6:54 AM on November 8

West (ish) wise, a book club I'm part of meets regularly at The Pour House (two blocks east of Dupont station, so easy by subway) and from experience they don't seem to be super-busy on Sunday afternoon, and it's sufficiently quiet for cross-table conversation.

More central-ish, but still west of Yonge is the Victory Cafe (near Bathurst Station, and last time we met up there it seemed to work just fine).

Not too familiar with anything in the the Junction that might be suitable for meetup purposes - maybe folks from that neck of the woods have suggestions?
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 4:51 PM on November 8

Victory Cafe is actually west of The Pour House. Either one of those seem good to me.
posted by grouse at 2:02 PM on November 9

Dammit Jim, I'm not a geographer!
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 2:56 PM on November 9

Lol pals. Junction seems way more difficult to me than LV. I wish Three Speed were larger since at least that’s like a few feet further west.
posted by wellred at 4:47 AM on November 10

I wish Three Speed were larger since at least that’s like a few feet further west.

Cafe Neon in the same neighbourhood usually has more tables free. Might be a bit loud, tho.

Not too familiar with anything in the the Junction that might be suitable for meetup purposes - maybe folks from that neck of the woods have suggestions?

Indie Ale House might be appropriate.
posted by Evstar at 8:47 AM on November 12

A friend suggested the Drake Commissary. Happy hour Sunday afternoons, brunch 'til 4, etc. Similar price point to our other recent locations. Sounds delicious, and they take reservations.
posted by wellred at 7:44 AM on November 13 [1 favorite]

I’m cool with any of the above-mentioned options.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 12:02 PM on November 13

Sending my regrets, as I can't make Dec. 15th. I'm flying home for the holidays that day.
posted by sillygwailo at 9:28 PM on November 16

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.