MeFiBDIndy
posted May 21, 2019 4:46 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sat July 13 at 5:00 PM, Barley Island
639 Conner St, Noblesville, IN, USA (Map & Directions)
In response to this post, maybe we can actually pull-off an Indy meetup for MeFi’s birthday?
It’s been quite awhile since we’ve managed to pull-off a meetup. It sure would be nice to gather together to celebrate MeFi’s birthday and maybe even lift a glass to the memory of Pjern. Yes?
posted by Thorzdad to Meetup (19 comments total)

Hi Thorzdad,

I'm down. I didn't know pjern had died. I'm sorry to hear it.

Your pal,
Gregory
posted by Gelatin at 2:12 AM on May 22

obit post for pjern in MetaTalk.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 2:53 AM on May 22

I didn't know pjern had died either. So sad. It has been too long since we had an Indy meetup.
posted by jaden at 6:34 AM on May 22

Wow. I totally missed that obit post. Phil was a really nice guy.

I'm certainly interested in a meetup.
posted by double block and bleed at 7:33 AM on May 22

Phil was a great guy. I’m glad to have been able to meet him. Somewhat ironically, Phil was the only person who showed up to the last attempted meet-up.

Sooooo...I guess we need to figure out where. I think that’s the part that tends to kill meetups for us. We’re all so spread out, though I’m now down in Noblesville, so I should be able to get to an Indy area meetup more easily. Going anywhere (not just meetups) from Muncie was a huge pain.

I have a favorite hangout up here in Noblesville that would be good for a meetup, but that might be a tad too north for our south-of-the-city mefites.
posted by Thorzdad at 2:07 PM on May 22

I'm down for a mefibd meet-up. I am fine with Noblesville...it's really not a bad drive from Greenwood.

(If anyone is attending PopCon before the meet-up give me a shout. My improv troupe is performing Friday night and I'm doing a mental health in improv panel on Saturday. PopCon is June 7-9.)
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 1:17 PM on May 23

I'm in as well wherever assuming Real Life(TM) doesn't get in the way.
posted by RyanAdams at 7:42 AM on May 24

Noblesville is fine for me too.
posted by double block and bleed at 7:34 PM on May 24

This is the place I'm thinking about. It's not fancy, but I think they have a new-ish room off the main room. They also have two or three big round-tops in the main room. I like the beer quite a bit. Full bar, too. Food's mostly bar grub. Quality ranges from "pretty good" to "okay." I think it depends on who's in the kitchen. :/

I'm open to anywhere else, though.
posted by Thorzdad at 9:55 AM on June 1

So I guess the next question is "when?"
posted by double block and bleed at 1:15 PM on June 4

Barley Island looks fine.

My schedule is typically pliable so I'm open to whenever.
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 3:18 PM on June 4

So I guess the next question is "when?"

Well, July 14 is a Sunday. Might be more fun to do this on Saturday the 13th, though.
posted by Thorzdad at 7:54 PM on June 5

I can make it on July 13th. What time are we thinking?
posted by jaden at 7:31 AM on June 6

7/13 works for me.
posted by RyanAdams at 8:14 AM on June 6

July 13th works for me also.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 8:43 PM on June 9

Okay. Saturday, July 13 is the date.
Now, at what time? An afternoon meetup or an evening meetup? 5pm? 6pm? Later?
posted by Thorzdad at 6:34 PM on June 13

Late afternoon/early evening?

There is a Chris Young concert at Deer Creek/Verizon/Ruoff that night - not sure anyonec ares about that impacting traffic or not.
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 7:18 PM on June 13

I've lived up that way for many years, and if you're coming in from the south and getting off I-69 at 37 and taking that into Noblesville — which is probably the most natural way to Barley Island — I haven't noticed traffic due to Deer Creek events being an issue since they opened exit 10 (now exit 210) in the mid-00s or so, which took the pressure off of 37.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 8:13 PM on June 13 [1 favorite]

DA's right. 37 sees almost no Deer Creek (I think it's now Ruoff Mortgage Center or something) traffic anymore. It's all flowing through the next exit north at Hamilton Town Center, and the travesty that is the spaghetti monster roundabout exit thing there.

Okay, Imma making an executive decision and nailing this down to Saturday, July 13 @ 5:00pm.
posted by Thorzdad at 7:06 PM on June 15 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.