Tokyo 20th Anniversary Meetup
posted May 21, 2019 7:03 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun July 14 at 12:00 PM, Ikspiari
1-4 Maihama, Urayasu, Chiba 279-8529, Japan (Map & Directions)
As suggested by Ghidorah in the MeFi 20 Planning Thread, maybe this could prompt us to get our act together and have a meetup without the impetus of a Mefite visiting from elsewhere?
Seeing as it's been more than a week now and there haven't been any objections/other suggestions for the date or location, it seems that this will happen on Sunday, July 14th at Ikspiari Craft Beer Collection 2019.
posted by Strutter Cane - United Planets Stilt Patrol to Meetup (10 comments total)

Great idea! And I see that July 14 is the middle of a three-day weekend here. (A three-day Sea-Day weekend even.)
posted by Umami Dearest at 12:59 AM on May 22

I fully intend on taking all the credit here. (though, yeah, thanks for posting it, I'd have been too lazy to follow through)

That weekend, out in Maihama, there's the Ikspiari Craft Beer Collection going on. It's a small beer festival that takes place in the little courtyard in Ikspiari, the mall outside of Tokyo Disneyland. It's an interesting assortment of beer companies that just happen to all be really good friends with each other, as well as making some great beer (though I know not everyone drinks, there are definitely non-alcoholic options in the area). It's outdoors, there are tables, it's a good time, and I'll definitely end up there at least some point during the weekend. So, yeah, that'd be my vote, though I'm definitely up for other suggestions.
posted by Ghidorah at 6:32 AM on May 22

Oh phew, that weekend is just after my parents leave Japan. I will be available and up for pretty much anything involving food.
posted by lesser weasel at 6:13 PM on May 22 [1 favorite]

I'm definitely up for it, and both July 14 and Ikspiari Craft Beer Collection sound great. I put myself in the "Maybe" stack because the date is suggested, not nailed down, but odds are pretty high I'll be attending.
posted by Bugbread at 4:28 PM on May 26 [1 favorite]

This looks really good. Still in the "maybe" camp until I am absolutely sure I have time that day.
posted by Gotanda at 3:02 PM on May 29 [1 favorite]

Okay, I'm in!
posted by Bugbread at 4:35 PM on May 29

I could have been clearer in that I was hoping for alternative suggestions when I posted this, as it turns out that Umami Dearest won't be able to make it.

Just on the off chance, anyone have any suggestions for a location in Tokyo and in the evening? Maybe it could be a 二次会 following Ikspiari, if that isn't too ambitious.
posted by Strutter Cane - United Planets Stilt Patrol at 6:08 PM on May 30

I would like to come and might could get out to Tokyo, but honestly the idea of going anywhere near Tokyo Disneyland on a 3-day weekend in the summer makes me feel faint...I can't suggest a location but would be up for a二次会 or similar somewhere in the city.
posted by huimangm at 5:55 AM on June 6

Ghidorah kindly pointed this thread out to me a few days ago, I haven't been around here much lately and hadn't noticed. I'm in the maybe camp for now.
posted by misozaki at 2:28 PM on June 9 [2 favorites]

I can't suggest a location but would be up for a二次会 or similar somewhere in the city.

Nihonbashi Brewery T.S. (Tokyo Station branch) is fairly close to the exit for the Disneyland-bound trains at Tokyo Station and is a fairly large venue, with good beer and food.

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer at 5pm, say, with anyone busy during the day, or not in the mood to leave Tokyo, or returning from Disneyland but with enough energy for a nijikai beer.
posted by Umami Dearest at 9:47 PM on June 9 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.