Camping at Trillium Lake
posted March 14, 2019 9:32 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Fri September 13 at 3:00 PM, Trillium Lake Campground
Trillium Lake Loop Trail #761, Oregon, USA (Map & Directions)
I have reserved a campsite at Trillium Lake near Mt. Hood for Friday and Saturday nights Sep. 13 and 14. I'm going no matter what, but I'd love for folks to join me!
I've reserved site #56. Reservations for the weekend of Sep 13-14 have only just today (Thursday Mar. 14) become available, and this is a very popular campground so THESE SITES GET SNAPPED UP FAST!! Fair warning.
posted by Greg_Ace to Meetup (11 comments total)

THESE SITES GET SNAPPED UP FAST

That said, there's still lots of available sites for that weekend.
posted by Greg_Ace at 9:28 AM on March 15

Saying maybe just because I haven’t reserved my site yet- I’ll take a look at what’s available later today. Yay!
posted by Secretariat at 9:57 AM on March 15

Friday the 13th you say??? I sense a horror movie coming. Teenagers will die.
posted by bendy at 3:37 PM on March 15 [1 favorite]

I got #57.
posted by bendy at 3:51 PM on March 15

And I got site 55. YAY! Looking forward to it - it'll be nice to get off the coast for a few days!
posted by mygothlaundry at 1:13 PM on March 16

Hey in other PNW camping meetup news, let me put in a plug for Nehalem Bay State Park. It is just absolutely gorgeous and the campground is basically right on the beach. During the winter it's surprisingly deserted and peaceful and you can bring your horse. Or fly in. Or if you have neither plane nor horse, you can lie in at your campsite listening to the waves which are about 50 feet away. It's awesome.
posted by mygothlaundry at 1:19 PM on March 16

That sounds pretty great, you should definitely call an IRL camping event one of these days!

Looking forward to seeing you in Sept.

Also, a couple of weeks before this event I'll set up a Google Docs spreadsheet to coordinate meals, equipment, etc.
posted by Greg_Ace at 3:54 PM on March 16

Site reserved.
posted by janell at 7:21 PM on March 16

Yay! We'll have a right old do.
posted by Greg_Ace at 7:37 PM on March 16

We got site 52!
posted by Secretariat at 9:17 PM on March 16

For anyone else who's interested, there are still nearby sites available at the moment.
posted by Greg_Ace at 9:15 AM on March 18

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.