Camping at Trillium Lake
posted March 14, 2019 9:32 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Fri September 13 at 3:00 PM, Trillium Lake Campground
Trillium Lake, Oregon, USA (Map & Directions)
I have reserved a campsite at Trillium Lake near Mt. Hood for Friday and Saturday nights Sep. 13 and 14. I'm going no matter what, but I'd love for folks to join me!
I've reserved site #56. Reservations for the weekend of Sep 13-14 have only just today (Thursday Mar. 14) become available, and this is a very popular campground so THESE SITES GET SNAPPED UP FAST!! Fair warning.

Update: As of Apr. 5, sites 52 - 57 have been reserved by our group! Woo!
posted by Greg_Ace to Meetup (28 comments total)

THESE SITES GET SNAPPED UP FAST

That said, there's still lots of available sites for that weekend.
posted by Greg_Ace at 9:28 AM on March 15

Saying maybe just because I haven’t reserved my site yet- I’ll take a look at what’s available later today. Yay!
posted by Secretariat at 9:57 AM on March 15

Friday the 13th you say??? I sense a horror movie coming. Teenagers will die.
posted by bendy at 3:37 PM on March 15 [2 favorites]

I got #57.
posted by bendy at 3:51 PM on March 15

And I got site 55. YAY! Looking forward to it - it'll be nice to get off the coast for a few days!
posted by mygothlaundry at 1:13 PM on March 16 [1 favorite]

Hey in other PNW camping meetup news, let me put in a plug for Nehalem Bay State Park. It is just absolutely gorgeous and the campground is basically right on the beach. During the winter it's surprisingly deserted and peaceful and you can bring your horse. Or fly in. Or if you have neither plane nor horse, you can lie in at your campsite listening to the waves which are about 50 feet away. It's awesome.
posted by mygothlaundry at 1:19 PM on March 16

That sounds pretty great, you should definitely call an IRL camping event one of these days!

Looking forward to seeing you in Sept.

Also, a couple of weeks before this event I'll set up a Google Docs spreadsheet to coordinate meals, equipment, etc.
posted by Greg_Ace at 3:54 PM on March 16

Site reserved.
posted by janell at 7:21 PM on March 16 [1 favorite]

Yay! We'll have a right old do.
posted by Greg_Ace at 7:37 PM on March 16

We got site 52!
posted by Secretariat at 9:17 PM on March 16 [1 favorite]

For anyone else who's interested, there are still nearby sites available at the moment.
posted by Greg_Ace at 9:15 AM on March 18 [1 favorite]

Only nearby site left is 53, though there are still sites available in other areas of the campground.
posted by Greg_Ace at 1:23 PM on April 5

And I just booked #53, yay!
posted by Kat Allison at 2:12 PM on April 26

Woo!
posted by Greg_Ace at 2:24 PM on April 26

I picked up this book on the recent "support your local small bookstore" day! I didn't realize there was a whole website of stuff too. But suffice it to say I will have some food ideas by the time this trip rolls around.
posted by Secretariat at 1:36 PM on May 5 [1 favorite]

I had to laugh that the French name of their "French dish" (pate Chinois) is literally "Chinese pie", which Google Translate translates as "Shepherd's Pie" (which it actually is, looking at the recipe)...which is of UK origin! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted by Greg_Ace at 2:02 PM on May 5

I was so mystified by "pate Chinois" that I tried again to find out how it got named that, and it turns out Wikipedia came through for me.

In any case, I'm looking forward to everyone's food ideas! I'll update this post sometime around the end of August so we can plan meals.
posted by Greg_Ace at 10:58 AM on May 6

(Just a bump to keep this thread alive)
posted by Greg_Ace at 8:35 AM on June 11

I'm trying to find a campsite. It looks like I can reserve the amphitheater. Let's put on A PLAY!!
posted by bendy at 1:06 AM on July 30

What's the deal with the walk-up sites? I can't seem to reserve one but there's no guarantee that they'll be there.
posted by bendy at 1:09 AM on July 30

Yeah, walk-up sites can't be reserved, they're just first-come-first-serve on any given day. But you said you already reserved #57 back on March 15, so unless you canceled it you should be still good to go?
posted by Greg_Ace at 9:01 AM on July 30

Alas, I know I expressed an intention to attend this year, but I have concert tickets for the 14th. Maybe just Friday night?
posted by mimo at 12:58 PM on July 30

You're certainly welcome to come and stay as much or as little as you like. There should be room for an additional tent on one of the already-reserved sites if you want to stay overnight.
posted by Greg_Ace at 2:12 PM on July 30

Haha, so I did! Thanks, Greg!
posted by bendy at 7:15 PM on July 30

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
posted by Greg_Ace at 7:24 PM on July 30

Mimo, you can share my site for as much time as you want to spend with us. Bring that Turkish spindle...
posted by janell at 9:52 PM on July 31

Yep, mimo, you could come Friday and then hang out on Saturday!
posted by Secretariat at 2:02 PM on August 1

Site 50 opened up for Fri Sept 13 so I booked it! If anyone else (mimo et al) are coming up just for the night should be plenty of extra room.
posted by j.edwards at 10:37 PM on August 13 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.