Last Night of the Brexits
posted March 7, 2019 7:08 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Fri March 29 at 9:00 PM, In de Wildeman
Kolksteeg 3, 1012 PT Amsterdam, Netherlands (Map & Directions)
Celebrate/mourn Britain's exit from the EU.
Unless a miracle happens and the UK comes to its senses, it will leave the EU on March 29th. (The actual time of exit is 11pm UK time, which is midnight Amsterdam time.)

Join us as we mark the end of the UK's difficult membership, the loss of our rights, and the rise of damaging right-wing populism.
posted by daveje to Meetup (7 comments total)

Would love to but I'll actually be in the US on Brexit day! Hoping NL will let me back in when I fly back with my UK passport. Sigh.
posted by vacapinta at 7:52 AM on March 7

A meetup sounds good.
posted by jouke at 8:09 AM on March 7

I'll be there (crying) (metaphorically).
posted by Skyanth at 12:25 AM on March 8

Eek, just saw the time. Amending to: if it starts earlier than that, I'll be there, and probably past that time, but if it only starts at 11 I'm pretty sure I won't be able to muster the courage to venture outside. :P
posted by Skyanth at 12:56 AM on March 8

It's 11pm only because we're at Paradiso that evening for a gig, and can't guarantee making it to the Wildeman any earlier than that. Feel free to arrive as early as you like!
posted by daveje at 1:17 AM on March 8

Ah, I hadn't seen the time. Yeah, since I'm coming from Utrecht 11 pm is too late for me as well. So I'd be part of an earlier shift as well.
posted by jouke at 12:37 AM on March 9

Ok, will shift to 9, just bear in mind we won't be there straight away.
posted by daveje at 3:07 AM on March 9

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.