Kennedy Station at Free Times
posted January 9, 2019 9:58 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sat February 2 at 8:00 PM, Free Times Cafe
320 College St, Toronto, ON M5T 1S3, Canada (Map & Directions)
My band is playing on Groundhog Day, as promised! It'd be fun to see you there. We play from about 8-11pm. Good food and drink (and the old-potato smell of a place that makes 1000s of latkes) to be had, plus great company. Lots of tunes you know, a few you don't. Unhip as heck.
If people want to go I will reserve a table for you. Cover is $5 but we are not fussy about this if that's tough for you.
posted by wellred to Performance (8 comments total)

Might be able to make it! Sounds like fun. Have some other plans that day, but not sure how late they'll go.

It's been ages since I've been to the Free Times.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 3:33 PM on January 9 [1 favorite]

Sweet! I've been meaning to go to one of the mefi Toronto meetups for ages now.. Can't really make *firm* plans as our girls are still very young, but it's now penciled into our calendar. Hope to make it with the Mrs!
posted by papafrita at 5:54 AM on January 10 [1 favorite]

Aargh - I'll be in Florida for ATIA. Annoyed to miss this, as I love Free Times and I can literally see Kennedy Station (+ its cranes) from this chair.
posted by scruss at 6:25 AM on January 10

scruss: We'll play again! We are named after the station because my bandmate would forget where to exit the subway to meet up for practice. She remembers now.
posted by wellred at 7:09 AM on January 10 [1 favorite]

Aargh - I'll be in Florida for ATIA.

Mr. Conspiracy just mentioned he would enjoy a field report upon your return.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 5:29 PM on January 10 [1 favorite]

Neat! I'm a lurker, but the MeFi crowd is one of my favourite places on the internet, so it'd be lovely to meet some of its folks irl.
posted by elsmith at 8:41 AM on January 15 [1 favorite]

Mr. Conspiracy just mentioned he would enjoy a field report upon your return.

Happy to do so, though I'll mostly be running workshops and squeeing at any lizards I see.
posted by scruss at 2:43 PM on January 15 [1 favorite]

Looks like the timing works! Looking forward to it.
posted by mandolin conspiracy at 2:59 PM on January 15 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.