No One Is Above the Law: Washington, DC - Mueller Protection Rapid Response
posted November 8, 2018 7:30 AM RSS | iCal | +googleCal
Thu November 8 at 5:00 PM, Pennsylvania Avenue, north of the White House
1565 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC, USA (Map & Directions)
Hi! If you're planning to attend this evening's protest in DC, please check in here! Share your ideas, suggestions, and news.
- Organizers are asking participants to gather at 5 pm, on Pennsylvania Ave on the north side of the White House.
- Consider signing up for the official mailing list for the DC protest. Organizers may send out important notifications.
- If you're coming in via the metro, the two closest stations are Metro Center (Red/Blue/Orange/Silver lines) and McPherson Square Station (Blue/Orange/Silver lines). Both are within ~3 blocks walking distance.
- The metro stops running at 11:30 pm this evening.
- The weather forecast calls for clear skies and temperatures in the mid-to-upper 40s. Dress accordingly.
- Think twice before bringing large bags, or anything that could be (mis)characterized as a weapon (such as rigid signposts). Things will probably be fine –the DC police have plenty of experience handling protests –but if they aren't, these items could attract unwanted attention.
- The ACLU has a handy explainer about your rights when protesting in DC.
- This will probably be a peaceful protest. However, no permit has been secured, and there's always the chance that arrests will be made. If you take important medication, bring it with you. If you do get arrested, you will be permitted one phone call – write someone's number on your arm, in case yourphone is confiscated.
- From the organizers (via the email blast they sent last night): "If you would like to volunteers as a marshall for the event, please arrive at 4 PM and meet at the statue in the center of Lafayette Park."
- MetaTalk thread for general (non-DC-specific) discussion of protest efforts.