Bowie Baysox v. Altoona Curve - minor league baseball, y'all!
posted July 8, 2018 2:54 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Mon September 3 at 1:35 PM, Prince George's Stadium
4101 Crain Hwy, Bowie, MD, USA (Map & Directions)
I just attended a minor league game at Prince George's Stadium, and it was SO MUCH DAMN FUN. Relatively sparse crowds, no lines for concessions, and cheap seats *right up front*. There are even good activities for the kiddos--a carousel, a bouncehouse, and of course, face painting. LET'S DO THIS, DC-AREA MEFITES.
This is the last game of the season for the Bowie Baysox, the Orioles' AA affiliate. They'll be squaring off against the Altoona Curve (affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates). The game will be held on Labor Day. It's also "Mutt Monday", which means all leashed social pups up to date on their vaccinations are welcome!

There are a few different ways we could do tickets for a group, from easy to complex. We can discuss in comments if enough folks are interested. I'm happy to pay the small fee for a "WELCOME MEFITES" message on the jumbotron. :-)
posted by duffell to Meetup (2 comments total)

Did you omit one of the big deals or do they no longer do fireworks every night?

Oh, afternoon game. Tragic.
posted by phearlez at 4:56 AM on July 9

Also, FWIW the Baysox had the least-monochromatic group of fans I've ever seen at a baseball game. Still majority-white (I mean fuck, it's baseball) but not by a lot.
posted by duffell at 6:40 AM on July 9 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.