Worldcon Meetup?
posted June 12, 2017 8:41 AM   RSS

Worldcon is in Helsinki this year (http://www.worldcon.fi) and I'm bringing resident 11 year old. Dates are 9-13 August though I think we are arriving on the 8th. Anyone else planning to be there? I've been to 2 Worldcons before and generally the problem I've found is I have no problem talking to new people but meeting up with people I already know can be difficult if we haven't made concrete plans as Worldcon is just so big. While I am all about the sitting and drinking, that probably won't be very 11 yo friendly so I am open to other suggestions - maybe a picnic or walk near the convention centre? Or an evening meal?
posted by hfnuala to Proposed (3 comments total)

Welp, I'm a local and as far as I know I will be still in Helsinki. So happy to offer input, advice, recommendations, and general all around local Mefiteness
posted by infini at 6:07 AM on June 13 [1 favorite]

I'm gonna be at WorldCon too, and would be down for a meetup.
posted by Sokka shot first at 11:02 AM on June 15 [1 favorite]

Another Helsinki Mefite here – I'll be around, though probably not attending the con itself (small kids etc.), but would love to sit down for a chat and/or a drink and/or anything else.
posted by dst at 9:04 AM on June 18 [2 favorites]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.