Weekly Brooklyn ICE CREAM meetup!
posted January 19, 2012 12:15 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Wed January 25 at 7:15 PM, Van Leeuwen of Boerum Hill
81 Bergen St, Brooklyn, NY, USA (Map & Directions)
Ice cream in winter? This must be some kind of wild dream! NO! It is reality! And it is delicious!
posted by the young rope-rider to Meetup (22 comments total)

They have hot coffee, tea, and chocolate, if you MUST. But seriously, folks. Ice cream.
posted by the young rope-rider at 12:19 PM on January 19, 2012

Why the change in venue? Did I miss something yesterday?
posted by bookwibble at 6:54 PM on January 19, 2012

I just decided it capriciously because have gone MAD with POWER!

Also, I realized that people might not want to drink but still might want to participate. The Brooklyn Inn is still cool with me and everything, and it's actually on the same block as the ice cream place but across the street if folks want to get drinks too.
posted by the young rope-rider at 7:29 PM on January 19, 2012

So mad with power that I CAN BARELY TYPE!!!
posted by the young rope-rider at 7:30 PM on January 19, 2012

I was going to bring cupcakes or something to the meetup, because 1/25 is my birthday, but this will be way better. Yay!
posted by oh yeah! at 9:04 PM on January 19, 2012

And they have cinnamon ice cream! I am so in.
posted by ocherdraco at 7:17 AM on January 20, 2012

Eek! Happy Birthday, oh yeah! I hope you are feeling better.
posted by the young rope-rider at 8:35 AM on January 20, 2012

do they have hot fudge sundaes? i could get down with ice cream if it has hot fudge on it :)
posted by cristinacristinacristina at 3:19 PM on January 20, 2012

No, they are ice cream purists as far as I can tell.

I feel like you could sneak some hot fudge in a flask and surreptitiously help yourself out a little bit...
posted by the young rope-rider at 10:22 AM on January 21, 2012

I'm new in town! I'm going to try to come to this or another soonish meetup with you folks. This week may or may not work out, because I normally don't leave the office until 6:30 and have lots of things on the docket right now. But perhaps next! Soon! Excited!
posted by The Esteemed Doctor Bunsen Honeydew at 1:32 PM on January 23, 2012

Welcome to NY! You're totally welcome to show up late if that helps in the decision making process.

Looking forward to meeting you eventually!
posted by the young rope-rider at 1:38 PM on January 23, 2012 [1 favorite]

I think I'll come by, and check out MY NEW NEIGHBORHOOD! I'm moving to Cobble Hill on Wednesday.
posted by showbiz_liz at 7:16 AM on January 25, 2012

And by Wednesday... I mean Sunday.
posted by showbiz_liz at 7:16 AM on January 25, 2012

Congratulations on the move! I love Cobble Hill.
posted by the young rope-rider at 11:44 AM on January 25, 2012

Unrelated, but how long do the non ice cream meetups usually go for?

I've been wanting to attend, but unfortunately my work schedule is more like 10-7 (with a little spillover sometimes). I know it's a weird question since I doubt I'd miss everyone if I got there by 8:30 or something. It's just that while I live in Brooklyn, I'm nowhere near Cobble Hill and getting there from my job isn't super quick either and not exactly on the way home so posting in the thread and wait to see if anyone will answer before I head out the door or making sudden detours always makes me nervous about deciding to go.

(I just have weird neuroses about social gatherings that I'm going to go only to find out everyone decided to pack it in early that evening or all came down with the flu and everyone cancelled last minute or something like that =( )
posted by kkokkodalk at 12:42 PM on January 25, 2012

Oh no! I would really love for you to be able to make one. Usually I leave between 9-10 and there are always people still there.

I also want to try to have a meetup more in North Brooklyn but that ends up being a bit tough for me to get to...hmm...let me think about this!
posted by the young rope-rider at 12:46 PM on January 25, 2012

Bookwibble & I are here - they do have hot fudge sundaes on the menu.
posted by oh yeah! at 4:15 PM on January 25, 2012

Happy birthday, oyeah! Sorry i can't make it, but choir rehearsals started up again tonight.
posted by feistycakes at 4:31 PM on January 25, 2012

We're moving to The Brooklyn Inn! Yay!
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:21 PM on January 25, 2012

Brooklyn Inn is full, we're at Camp on Smith
posted by oh yeah! at 5:37 PM on January 25, 2012

Sorry gang, still fighting illness a bit. Oh yeah!, next week I'm going to buy you a GIGANTIC birthday drink.
posted by vrakatar at 6:29 PM on January 25, 2012

SO FUN! I gotta build up a better tolerance for ice cream...
posted by the young rope-rider at 3:19 PM on January 26, 2012

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments