Philadelphia Summertime Meetup!
posted May 13, 2019 7:37 AM   RSS

Philly peeps! The February meetup was great! Let's do it again, shall we?
The attendees at the Feb meetup @ Franklin Hall discussed possibilities for the next meetup including (to the best of my recollection) a boardgame meetup or a beer garden / outside meetup.

So, let's talk dates (in July) and location!

Weekend of July 5th, 19th, and 26th all work for me.

I'd be down to do a boardgame jawn @ Franklin Hall, or super down to do an outside beer garden meetup (perhaps the Tired Hands one in Fishtown or any of the decent PHS beer gadens) with smaller party games?
posted by lazaruslong to Proposed (9 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I vote for beer garden plus smaller party games! I don't know what those games are (the sushi one maybe?) but that is my vote!
posted by internet fraud detective squad, station number 9 at 5:34 AM on May 14

Just for clarity's sake -- are we talking about Frankford Hall near Frankford and Girard?
posted by joyceanmachine at 6:38 AM on May 14

Yep, that's the one. Just throwing it out there out of tradition, not especially wedded to the location.
posted by lazaruslong at 6:57 AM on May 14

ifdssn9, I am leaning that way too! Would be nice to have an outside meetup, and I have been meaning to check out the Tired Hands Biergarten.
posted by lazaruslong at 6:59 AM on May 14 [1 favorite]

If I can be in town I would be delighted to attend board games and Tired Hands!
posted by ferret branca at 12:23 PM on May 14 [1 favorite]

Tired hands beer garden has big picnic type tables, perfect for games as long as it isn't windy....
posted by TheAdamist at 5:12 PM on May 14

July 5 might not be the best weekend as people may be planning on being out of town, including myself.
posted by Automocar at 7:41 AM on May 18

Makes sense to me! Votes on the 19th or 26th?
posted by lazaruslong at 8:31 AM on May 18

I have no preference but maybe the 26th just to allow for maximum possible good weather considering how cold and gray the spring has been?
posted by Automocar at 7:56 AM on May 19

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.