Pub Trivia @ George & Dragon
posted August 3, 2018 10:45 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Tue August 28 at 8:00 PM, George & Dragon Pub
206 N 36th St, Seattle, WA, USA (Map & Directions)
I'm visiting my hometown and would love to see some mefites, eat some onion rings, and attempt to remember the capital of Kyrgyzstan! (In case it comes up, it's Bishkek.) Let's quiz it up, mefites!
posted by duffell to Meetup (6 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

We have been doing a semi-regular pub quiz thing on Tuesdays at the George and Dragon in Fremont.
posted by Slarty Bartfast at 12:17 PM on August 4 [1 favorite]

I strongly second Mr Bartfast. Much like zombies, we are always enthusiastic about fresh brains. For answering questions of course!

Alternate meeting location: Wedgewood Broiler AKA the Sir Wedgewood. Home of the largest tub of butter in Seattle.
posted by skyscraper at 9:54 PM on August 4 [1 favorite]

I am up for either or both! (The Broiler used to have a Sunday trivia night, actually--not a very good one, but the drinks are cheap and stiff, and you can order a salad that has cheez-its for croutons, because hey, The Broiler! don't ask questions.) My friends and I would go regularly; by tradition, we'd order a "viceroy," which was our name for a Roy Rogers with whiskey. I doubt anyone there would know what a viceroy is anymore, though.

But mind that second e, you. It's Wedgwood!

But yeah, George and Dragon is like, objectively the better choice. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no longer trivia at The Broiler.
posted by duffell at 3:44 AM on August 5

Argh, apologies. Thirty + years in Seattle (including innumerable salads with cheez-its) and I’m still slipping up.

George and Dragon would be preferable if transportation’s not a issue.
posted by skyscraper at 4:13 PM on August 5 [1 favorite]

Keeping my eye on this!
posted by k8t at 9:45 PM on August 9 [1 favorite]

I am potentially up for this but am not sure yet.
posted by corb at 4:56 PM on August 10 [1 favorite]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.