zachlipton in NYC!
posted March 1, 2018 10:17 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Wed March 28 at 6:00 PM, Revival
129 E 15th St, New York, NY, USA (Map & Directions)
Hey New Yorkers! and nearby Connecticuters and Jerseyites! Delightful (and megathread-famous) Mefite zachlipton will be in town on the evening of Wednesday, March 28. Let's get drinks!
I'm marking this for perennial favorite Revival at 6:00pm, although I can get there earlier if folks are wandering over from work or whatever. Hope to see everyone there!
posted by lalex to Meetup (12 comments total)

Darn! I'd love to be able to get to this one!
(I'm passing through NYC on the 3rd and 12th of March, alas.)
posted by RedOrGreen at 1:26 PM on March 1

Pics of you and lalex or GTFO.
posted by Johnny Wallflower at 2:52 PM on March 1 [6 favorites]

My biggest fear here is that my flight in gets cancelled and lalex winds up alone awkwardly trying to insist we really and truly are two people and calling this meetup wasn't some kind of elaborate effort to further the joke.
posted by zachlipton at 3:43 PM on March 1 [3 favorites]

why are you giving away the plan zach
posted by lalex at 3:45 PM on March 1 [1 favorite]

I think that works for me! I was just wondering yesterday about posting a meetup but this is better!
posted by ferret branca at 4:45 PM on March 1 [1 favorite]

I will absolutely try to be there!
posted by sockermom at 6:23 PM on March 1 [1 favorite]

I'm going to try to join too! (Though I feel weirdly like the new kid in a school cafeteria, trying to sit at the table of an established clique. Please will y'all accept me into your club?)
posted by alleycat01 at 11:08 AM on March 6 [4 favorites]

Come one, come all! I feel like I've been basically out of town for the past 2 years and am looking forward to seeing Mefites.
posted by lalex at 12:33 PM on March 7

I'm not sure about this yet, but I might show up, too. I'm a Baltimoron these days, but I lived in the ENTIRE Tri-State area (literally — Stamford, then Brooklyn, then Sayreville) from 1997-2000. And in my heart I've ALWAYS been an NYC kinda guy.

My sister lives in Queens, so I can finagle this into a "hey, we haven't hung out in a bit! Let me drive up and we'll hang out!" kind of thing. I've also got a couple of friends I haven't seen in years who I wouldn't mind meeting up with for lunch again anyway.

Mark me down as . . . a possible?
posted by CommonSense at 8:37 PM on March 13 [2 favorites]

Raaad I'm gonna try my best to make it to this.
posted by griphus at 1:07 PM on March 14 [1 favorite]

If you guys stay a while, I can make the tail end of this!
posted by schadenfrau at 1:09 PM on March 14 [1 favorite]

Will try really hard to make it. I won't be able to stay too late, though.
posted by zarq at 1:45 PM on March 14 [2 favorites]

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.