New Hampshire!
posted December 14, 2015 5:59 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun December 27 at 7:00 PM, Strange Brew Tavern
88 Market St, Manchester, NH, USA (Map & Directions)
Manchester New Hampshire! Strange Brew Tavern at 7 PM, Sunday December 27! Come see your favorite New Hampshirites and gossip about your families this holiday season!
posted by Greg Nog to Meetup (23 comments total)

Sounds fun! I might even be able to make it. Either locale works for me.
posted by Sublimity at 6:34 AM on December 15, 2015

I think we might be able to make this, maybe! (Hence, I clicked "maybe".)

If the meetup started early-ish, as in it was started or was going around 5 PM, we could thread the needle between naps, bedtime, and travel to and from Boston! However! Definitely do not move times on our behalf because there's a chance we'll wiped from our return flight the day before and will just bail.
posted by ignignokt at 7:07 AM on December 15, 2015 [1 favorite]

Since there hasn't been any further pushing in this thread for Seacoast (and both ChuraChura and I will be in Manch already), how would youse guys feel about Manchester's little brewpub Strange Brew? They have a food menu if any of y'all wanna eat, an it's easy to get to from 293, for the Mass people. Maybe a start time of 6?
posted by Greg Nog at 11:45 AM on December 21, 2015

7 PM at Manchester, perhaps? It looks like we have a family thing at 1:30 at Newton MA, so I'm worried we may not be able to get up sooner.

ignignokt, I realize this means we will likely miss the baby potato; we will pour out 40 ounces of melted butter in his honor
posted by Greg Nog at 4:33 PM on December 21, 2015

Ah, no problem. It would have been a longshot for us anyway. (However, oddly enough, we could meet you in Newton for lunch!)
posted by ignignokt at 6:48 PM on December 21, 2015

Strange Brew sounds good to me, although of course this means I will probably run into terrible people from high school.
posted by ChuraChura at 7:18 PM on December 21, 2015

As someone who went to your high school, I recognize that this is almost certainly referring to me
posted by Greg Nog at 7:31 AM on December 22, 2015

Definitely.
posted by ChuraChura at 7:37 AM on December 22, 2015 [1 favorite]

Alas, my kid hurt their knee, so I am feeling obliged to stay closer to home than a trip to Manch. That said, the possibility of a lunch meetup in Newton would be totally workable for me (I live near the Newton/Waltham line). We could get totally Old School Newton and meet at Cabots....
posted by Sublimity at 12:24 PM on December 25, 2015

I'll have to check, but I think Newton lunch may not be possible? Mainly because we may be conscripted into cooking for the afternoon family gathering. But! If it looks like it works, I will say the word! (and of course there could always be a Newton meetup without me)
posted by Greg Nog at 5:37 PM on December 25, 2015

Okay looks like we can! We actually are eating with the family, but we'd be happy to do a light lunch at like noon? Youse guys have a place in mind?
posted by Greg Nog at 7:55 PM on December 25, 2015

Yes – we can make it to Newton at 12! I don't have a place in mind, but am happy to look a thing up if we don't have a Newton-knower.
posted by ignignokt at 8:02 PM on December 25, 2015

I know nothing of Massachusetts! Please go ahead and look up a thing!
posted by Greg Nog at 8:03 PM on December 25, 2015

OK, Jake's Falafel Corner looks good to me. Is everyone else OK with falafel/shwarma kinda stuff? If not, I can go back to Yelp! Also, I defer to anyone that actually knows Newton.
posted by ignignokt at 8:33 PM on December 25, 2015

Sounds fine to me, though I'm way flexible, foodwise; Sublimity, if you have a different suggestion, feel free to pipe up! And of course, if anyone feels like posting a new lunch thread, go right ahead; otherwise I'll post a new thread in the morning, when I have slept off the xmas beef and Fireball
posted by Greg Nog at 8:39 PM on December 25, 2015

Ach - Sublimity, I somehow missed that Cabot's was suggested by you! LET'S DO IT I'M POSTIN A NEW THREAD
posted by Greg Nog at 7:33 AM on December 26, 2015

Yes, sorry, Sublimity. I am also part of Team Missed That. Cabot sounds good!
posted by ignignokt at 7:45 AM on December 26, 2015

Ok, I'm going to force myself out of the house tonight to join you!
posted by backseatpilot at 10:20 AM on December 27, 2015 [1 favorite]

I'll be a little late, but I'll be there.
posted by Rustic Etruscan at 3:14 PM on December 27, 2015

Hooray and thank you all for coming!
posted by Greg Nog at 7:23 PM on December 27, 2015

Thank you for organizing (and for the toffee!). Lindsay says hi!
posted by ChuraChura at 8:16 PM on December 27, 2015

She stopped by my parents' place this morning! She is like a tall real human now, it's crazy as heck
posted by Greg Nog at 7:40 PM on December 28, 2015

The toffee was delicious, and also, thanks for setting this up. It was fun.
posted by Rustic Etruscan at 9:50 PM on December 29, 2015

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments