LOUISVILLE KENTUCKO AGAINST THE GRAIN
posted August 31, 2015 7:35 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Wed September 9 at 7:00 PM, Against The Grain brewery
401 East Main Street, Louisville, KY, USA (Map & Directions)
As likeatoaster and I just moved to Louisville, we would like to meet any other Louisville folks! We're having a meetup next Wednesday at 7-ish at Against The Grain! Bring yourselves, friends, pets, and supernatural entities. Start time is approximate, don't worry about being there right at 7
posted by Greg Nog to Meetup (28 comments total)

I'm free every night save Saturday. I'm there.

As far as where "there" is... what are things you all like?
posted by deezil at 3:46 AM on September 1, 2015

Welcome to Louisville.

My wife (not a mefite, but reads things I forward her) is now in grad school again, and I have tremendous amounts of sorta free time. I'm in.

(Wed/Thurs preferred, but I'm flexible. And you'll probably pick some place in the highlands. It's relatively central and there are too many options.)
posted by DigDoug at 5:37 AM on September 1, 2015

We are living within walking distance of the Highlands! We're in Shelby Park.

I really like beer, cheap things, and outdoor space, but am happy to go places that suit others' desires; we've already been to Monkey Wrench, Zanzabar, and Holy Grale (all of which were lovely in their own ways), so I'd love to check out any other place that people like!
posted by Greg Nog at 5:57 AM on September 1, 2015

Welcome to Louisville!

How about Against the Grain? It has great beer and an outdoor space that can seat a group. Also Molly Malones and Highlands Tap Room have nice outdoor seating.
posted by chaoticgood at 8:57 AM on September 1, 2015 [1 favorite]

Oh, we'd been meaning to check out Against The Grain! I'm up for other suggestions too, though!
posted by Greg Nog at 9:52 AM on September 1, 2015

Against the Grain is a pretty awesome meetup. Especially if there's not a game.
Outdoor seating is often a better idea than reality around here. We've had ridiculously good weather the last month or so. Seeing that you're from St Louis though, I would guess you're familiar.
posted by DigDoug at 12:52 PM on September 1, 2015

I checked the Bats schedule--away game on Thursday, home game Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. So if we are considering doing a meetup at ATG, Thursday is the best bet. Is that too short notice? Also it's supposed hot as balls that day, though we could always move inside if the heat is too oppressive.
posted by chaoticgood at 5:07 PM on September 1, 2015

Thursday works for me! But if that is too soon for other people, next week (after Labor Day) would be just as convenient.
posted by likeatoaster at 6:48 PM on September 1, 2015

I can do Thursday at ATG.
posted by deezil at 6:32 AM on September 2, 2015

Gah, can't do Thursday - we're going to Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! Next time.
posted by pecanpies at 7:21 AM on September 2, 2015

How would next Thursday work for people? Calling it for tomorrow might be a little too short-noticey for some of the Louisville folk, and also does indeed look like a hot one.

September 10th, 7:00 PM at Against The Grain?
posted by Greg Nog at 2:26 PM on September 2, 2015

I'm off to Chicago next Thursday. Is Tuesday or Wednesday a possibility?
posted by chaoticgood at 3:57 PM on September 2, 2015

Wednesday would be peachy for me!
posted by Greg Nog at 5:16 PM on September 2, 2015

Might come out if it's a Wednesday.
posted by phlyingpenguin at 7:50 PM on September 2, 2015

I can do Wednesday. 7ish?
posted by DigDoug at 5:08 AM on September 3, 2015

LET'S DO IT

I'M CHANGING THE POST
posted by Greg Nog at 9:47 AM on September 3, 2015

Yeah I'm there.
posted by deezil at 12:14 PM on September 3, 2015

Ack, another group that I actually need to work with has scheduled - yet again I'll have to duck out of a Louisville meetup.
posted by phlyingpenguin at 12:20 PM on September 3, 2015

this seems awesome! wish I could make it!
posted by internet fraud detective squad, station number 9 at 9:38 PM on September 7, 2015

I'll be there. Might arrive early and leave a little early, as that's dangerously close to my bedtime. But I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys.
posted by jbickers at 3:34 AM on September 8, 2015

For early-arriving people, we will be there right at 7! I am wearing a white button-up shirt and black-framed glasses
posted by Greg Nog at 3:33 PM on September 9, 2015

Got here a few minutes early, and ATG is closed for floor cleaning. There are several places we could walk to from here though.
posted by chaoticgood at 3:55 PM on September 9, 2015

Jbickers, digdoug, we're relocating. Check memail for my phone number
posted by deezil at 4:02 PM on September 9, 2015

Wild Rita's is where were headed
posted by deezil at 4:08 PM on September 9, 2015

Well poop. I worked late and just got home, walked the dog (not a euphemism) and started dinner for the wife. Sorry. Next time I'll make sure my calendar reminder is actually set to remind me.
posted by DigDoug at 4:21 PM on September 9, 2015

I'm sorry we missed you, Doug and bickers, and sorry we missed AtG. BUT! It was lovely to meet you other three, and we'd love to see you all sometime soon!
posted by Greg Nog at 6:22 PM on September 9, 2015 [1 favorite]

Sorry I missed all of you. The afternoon and evening got away from me.

I've had it in my head for some time that I want to have some friends over to my house on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to drink beer, eat high-end snacks and collaboratively play "Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective." MeMail me if you think you might be up for that.
posted by jbickers at 2:54 AM on September 10, 2015

Holy gods yes yes yes that sounds like something we would be into
posted by Greg Nog at 5:45 AM on September 10, 2015

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments