Welcoming bluishorange to STL!
posted June 3, 2015 7:11 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Thu June 11 at 7:30 PM, The Whiskey Ring
2651 Cherokee Street, Saint Louis, MO, USA (Map & Directions)
bluishorange has recently moved to St Louis! Let's say an official welcome to STL by meeting her IN PERSON! I am suggesting next Thursday, June 11th, at 7:30 at The Whiskey Ring on Cherokee Street, but I am open to changes in date/venue if there is an outcry. LET'S DO THE WELCOME
posted by Greg Nog to Meetup (25 comments total)

WELL OKAY
posted by bluishorange at 7:17 PM on June 3, 2015 [1 favorite]

Dang, we're already set to go to the circus that night!
posted by notsnot at 5:51 AM on June 4, 2015

Well, welcome, bluishorange! I'm not sure yet whether I'd be able to do this that night in particular, but I'd like to meet up, one way or another, especially since we need to celebrate Greg Nog and likeatoaster's marriage, too! 🎉 (And the next five nights after that are out for me, alas.)
posted by limeonaire at 6:43 AM on June 4, 2015

I should be in. I may only stay for a little bit if I get a wild hair up my ass and decide to go to the Voodoo Glow Skulls show at Fubar later in the evening, but I've been kind of waffling on that as it is.

Either way, count me in for at least a drink or two.
posted by Ufez Jones at 7:36 AM on June 4, 2015

I'm in - Welcome, BiO!
posted by bird internet at 7:55 AM on June 4, 2015 [1 favorite]

Thanks for not saying, "Welcome, B.O."
posted by bluishorange at 8:07 PM on June 4, 2015 [2 favorites]

I may be able to join up, as I will probably be coming back from Perennial's usual New Release night. Plus, I could use a change of scenery that isn't beer-related AND also be sociable at the same time!
posted by stannate at 6:18 AM on June 5, 2015

(If people are more beer-inclined, there's always Earthbound Brewing a half-block west, but it's really tiny. Still, it's out there.)
posted by stannate at 6:19 AM on June 5, 2015

We actually went to Earthbound at the last meetup, and it was a lovely time! I went with Whiskey Ring because I think bluishorange is more of a cocktail than beer liker, BUT I will say that they usually have about 10-ish good beers available!
posted by Greg Nog at 8:02 PM on June 5, 2015 [1 favorite]

Yes and also THANK YOU to Greg Nog for organizing this. Not having met any of you, I was a little nervous!
posted by bluishorange at 7:29 PM on June 7, 2015

Sadly I'll be out of town, but welcome to St. Louis and hope to meet you at a future meetup!
posted by jedicus at 6:07 PM on June 8, 2015 [1 favorite]

....aaaaand, don't count me in for at least a drink. I just figure out that I'm headed up to Springfield, IL this weekend for a thing I've committed to so I'll be spending Thursday night doing laundry at home with the SO.

So sorry to miss your inaugural, bluishorange. I'm almost always in for a meetup. I'm hoping there will be a few more before Greg and likeatoaster split town.
posted by Ufez Jones at 7:43 PM on June 9, 2015 [2 favorites]

Well, I'm still in! I hope lots of you can come tonight; I'm missing Hannibal for this!
posted by bluishorange at 11:53 AM on June 11, 2015 [1 favorite]

We're in!
posted by droob at 3:39 PM on June 11, 2015

Oh, and I'll be the guy with the blue glasses and the not-blue wife.
posted by droob at 3:45 PM on June 11, 2015

I will be wearing a white shirt and pink necktie!
posted by Greg Nog at 3:56 PM on June 11, 2015

I have blonde hair in the front and curly red hair in the back.
posted by bluishorange at 4:22 PM on June 11, 2015

but not in a mullet way
posted by bluishorange at 4:22 PM on June 11, 2015

business in the front, Annie in the back
posted by Greg Nog at 4:52 PM on June 11, 2015 [1 favorite]

In case any maybes come, six of us are at a table in the back, with some hummus and little bread bites.
posted by likeatoaster at 6:19 PM on June 11, 2015

Oh fine, Drew, I see how it is. *Now* you decide to come to a meetup.

Hope y'all have fun!
posted by Ufez Jones at 7:35 PM on June 11, 2015 [1 favorite]

It was lovely to meet you guys! Ufez, you were missed. but hopefully we can all get together again sometime soon!
posted by Greg Nog at 8:12 PM on June 11, 2015 [2 favorites]

It sounds like you guys had a good time last night! Sorry I couldn't make it out. +1 to Ufez Jones' note that I want to seeeeee youuuuuu guys more before Greg and likeatoaster head off.
posted by limeonaire at 11:43 AM on June 12, 2015

It was so great to meet everyone! Can't wait for the next one.
posted by bluishorange at 2:36 PM on June 12, 2015 [2 favorites]

lime call a meetup
make it a time that is good for you
we will go
posted by Greg Nog at 10:51 PM on June 12, 2015

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments