3rd Annual Ivar's Salmon House Summer Meetup
posted July 2, 2014 6:07 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun July 13 at 3:00 PM, Ivar's Salmon House
401 Northeast Northlake Way, Seattle, WA, USA (Map & Directions)
It's summer. We've gone to Ivar's Salmon House each of the last two summers. They have a deck. We're doing it again, on Sunday, July 13 at 3pm. According to the cheerful Ivar's receptionist I just spoke to, 3pm is a pretty safe bet for a table on the deck outside. Reservations have been made, see you Sunday.
posted by MoonOrb to Meetup (25 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

That's the day of the World Cup final, followed by a Sounders - Timbers game at home, so my life that day is entirely given over to soccer.
posted by Errant at 12:21 AM on July 3, 2014 [1 favorite]

I'm allergic to shellfish - menu seems to have other options, though. I can only come if we could sit outside - but totally up for it if so! Decks look awesome!
posted by sweltering at 3:27 AM on July 3, 2014

Don't want to mess with tradition, but Eastlake Bar & Grill or Agua Verde could be good back-ups if no deck availability at Ivars.
posted by brookeb at 9:58 AM on July 4, 2014

I vote for some park where I can smoke and throw back Red.

EDIT oh wait nevermind 13th is spoken for.
posted by Twang at 2:08 PM on July 4, 2014

Sorry soccer fans! If in the next few days we could build a consensus around some other time, I'm totally all for that. I figure I'll see if anyone pipes up soon and then call for reservations or whatever around mid-week.
posted by MoonOrb at 10:16 PM on July 5, 2014 [1 favorite]

I would be free the following Sunday, July 20th, if we wanted to try that instead.
posted by Errant at 11:00 AM on July 7, 2014 [1 favorite]

I will also have my soul consumed by soccer on the 13th.
posted by spinifex23 at 12:04 PM on July 7, 2014

The 20th would work better for me as well.
posted by Blue Jello Elf at 12:08 PM on July 7, 2014

I'll be out of town on the 20th unfortunately. If in a few days it looks like there are still some of us on for this Sunday I'll finalize the details and catch up with everyone else at the next one.
posted by MoonOrb at 12:43 PM on July 7, 2014

It's unlikely I can make this one - work, Sounders.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 8:01 AM on July 8, 2014

How about the following weekend then?
posted by Errant at 6:14 PM on July 8, 2014

The following weekend we should go to Chuck's Hop Shop, because it is awesome here.
posted by MoonOrb at 7:46 PM on July 8, 2014

How about the following weekend then?

No karaoke.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 7:57 PM on July 8, 2014

GREENWOOD DEATHZONE KARAOKE.

Maybe not. Not as a starter.
posted by Artw at 9:26 PM on July 8, 2014

No karaoke.

Yes Karaoke
posted by hellojed at 10:05 PM on July 8, 2014

I will do karaoke.
posted by MoonOrb at 10:17 PM on July 8, 2014

It's clear that you don't recall meeting me, because there is always karaoke.
posted by Errant at 11:54 PM on July 8, 2014

Oh, I remember karaoke. That's why I don't want to do it again.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 9:16 AM on July 9, 2014

Alright, confirmed for Sunday at 3. I'll probably get there ahead of time.
posted by MoonOrb at 1:30 PM on July 9, 2014

I'd like to come. I am a single father this weekend so maybe not, but I've always wanted to bring my boys to a meet up and this is down the street from my house. Not sure what would be more fun, watching Mefites' reaction to me not drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney, or watching my kids' reaction to me drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney.

See, honey, this is what happens when you leave the kids alone with me for the weekend! Sorry about the baby's diaper...I totally spaced that he needs changing once in a while...
posted by Slarty Bartfast at 1:16 PM on July 10, 2014 [1 favorite]

I'm here, and in the bar, waiting for them to seat us outside at 3. I've got short blondish hair, wearing a blue/yellow Mariners jersey; I'll update with location on the deck once seated.
posted by MoonOrb at 2:32 PM on July 13, 2014

I should be there before 4. Gray T-shirt, white shorts.
posted by ShooBoo at 2:54 PM on July 13, 2014

We're watching the remains of the world cup
posted by hellojed at 2:56 PM on July 13, 2014

We've moved to the deck, but it's like a secret deck that is not just outside of the bar, but is accessible by walking straight back once you get into the joint, and then making a left to get outside. We are up on the right once you step outside.
posted by MoonOrb at 3:01 PM on July 13, 2014

I worked there in the olden days. They have a great policy where every potential manager has to work each job for a week. You wanna be a manager? You are dishwasher first, for a week, then busboy, for a week. then waitron for a week, then whatever they call that person with boobs that meets people at the door for a week. Then a cook for a week.

All the wait staff there were asian and female and older beause that translates to PNW indian I suppose. Two stories: One was a kid fell and was hurt and he was calling for his dad which the waitresses there found amazing. The other was a waitress asked me what it was, water in the air, and I correctly responded "humidity". I'm proud of that.

Ivars fucks up Salmon like none other. Serioulsy. It's fucking horrible.

The Lake Union place is gorgeous if a bit loud under the freeway.

The chowder and nectar are great.
posted by vapidave at 11:37 PM on July 14, 2014

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments