Allons-y!
posted October 28, 2013 5:04 AM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sat November 2 at 5:00 PM, The Way Station
683 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, USA (Map & Directions)
I will be in NYC this Saturday and would love to meet some of you lovely peeps. I've been told about a bar called The Way Station that is a Doctor Who/Steampunk/nerdy bar. I was thinking meeting up there around 5ish since the Yelp reviews says it gets rather busy and live music starts at 7. There is a happy hour from 4-8 everyday.
If this like the worst place ever to meet up, let me know. I'm open to suggestions! I'm visiting a friend in NJ for the weekend and we're coming up to the Big Ol' Apple for the day.
posted by sio42 to Meetup (11 comments total)

It is a great bar for a meet-up. The SO and I have plans that night or we would stop by.
posted by mlis at 6:55 PM on October 28, 2013

I may only be able to stay for one drink (I'm a temp contractor and my assignment ends Friday), but this would get me out of the house.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 7:19 AM on October 29, 2013

Yay! happy to help get you out of the house. :)
posted by sio42 at 4:17 PM on October 29, 2013

More a tentative now. Will keep posted.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 12:42 PM on November 1, 2013

I'm not certain if I can make this, but since it looks like this may be sparsely attended, I just wanted to alert you to the meet-up happening this evening, sio42, in the event that you are already in town.
posted by unannihilated at 1:55 PM on November 1, 2013

Thanks but I'm just up for the day today. :)
posted by sio42 at 5:00 AM on November 2, 2013

I'm unfortunately now going to have to drop out - feeling a bit under the weather. :-P
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 9:47 AM on November 2, 2013

But do still check out Way Station - they have Dr. who themed cocktails, and the door to the bathroom looks like the Tardis. Matt Smith actually autographed the wall above the urinal.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 9:48 AM on November 2, 2013

Hmm, we're usually a pretty friendly bunch, so I'm surprised more people aren't coming. I have pre-existing plans that won't wrap up until after 5, so I can't make it. (For some reason I had it in my head this started at 7.) Enjoy your day in New York! Let us know if you're back
posted by unannihilated at 10:13 AM on November 2, 2013

A lot of people prob already had plans, i did give pretty short notice.

Next time!!

Hope you feel better Empress!
posted by sio42 at 11:01 AM on November 2, 2013

I'm really sorry I can't make it! It's like the one weekend every two months where I'm actually over scheduled!
posted by Salamandrous at 11:02 AM on November 2, 2013

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments