Artemis in South Berkeley (second meetup)!
posted July 30, 2017 12:24 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun August 27 at 1:00 PM, jenquat's and kalessin's house
2008 Prince St, Berkeley, CA, USA (Map & Directions)
We had great success testing and playing different configurations of Artemis on 7/29, with 3 regular MeFites, a couple of irregular ones (me and jenquat), and an outsider remoting in from Sausalito, and it's time to schedule another one.
Let's talk about start time. At the 7/29 gathering, we played and experimented from 1p to about 7p or 7:30p. If we do 10:00 or 11:00 we probably need to figure out or bring lunch. We're happy to provide cheap/one pot type lunch. But we also have space for a potluck if we want to try that. If we do 1:00, we may coordinate group dinner? Or quit before then? Either way. Any thoughts?

I think the house can reasonably accommodate 12 players across two ships, so please do RSVP. I think I have 2 or 3 outsiders interested in playing, but will update here if more commit.

Let's shoot for bringing your own devices with Artemis 2.4.0 installed. 2.6.0 will do in a pinch. It may generate error messages, but no big deal. It seems pretty stable with a 2.4.0 server, mostly 2.4.0 clients, and a few 2.6.0 clients.

Everything else you need to know should be either in the first IRL post, or in the guide I wrote up. But let me know if I missed something or you have any questions!
posted by kalessin to Meetup (10 comments total)

Sweet!
posted by danny the boy at 2:10 PM on July 30

So... I am strongly considering rescheduling this to another date. August 27th, a white supremacist rally is planned in Berkeley, and so is at least one counter protest. This means BART will probably be a terrible experience and so is driving. And I don't recommend walking through one of these protests, if it moves toward Oakland and my house, which they often do.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?
posted by kalessin at 10:42 AM on August 16

That sounds like a prudent plan.
posted by zachlipton at 9:25 PM on August 16

Yeah do what makes sense... I would still love to join for one of these though!
posted by danny the boy at 10:00 PM on August 16

Definitely OK to postpone. Driving across the bay to be closer to a crowd of white supremacists is not at the top of m weekend fun list.
posted by mark k at 8:48 PM on August 17

Anyone have any ideas on when they'd like to postpone to?
posted by kalessin at 9:42 PM on August 20

Okay, jenquat and I are thinking the weekend of September 12 & 13. Anyone have a preference? We could do Labor Day weekend too, but don't want to conflict with folks' plans if possible.
posted by kalessin at 10:45 AM on August 22

I think you may be looking at the wrong month. September 12 is a Tuesday. Labor Day weekend is Sept 2-4 and the next one is the 9th and 10th.

Any of those days are fine for me.
posted by aubilenon at 1:21 PM on August 22

I think you are right! Thanks for the heads up. So yes, September 2-4 (probably) or September 9 or 10th.
posted by kalessin at 5:56 PM on August 22

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.