Artemis in South Berkeley (second meetup)!
posted July 30, 2017 12:24 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Sun September 10 at 10:00 AM, jenquat's and kalessin's house
2008 Prince St, Berkeley, CA, USA (Map & Directions)
We had great success testing and playing different configurations of Artemis on 7/29, with 3 regular MeFites, a couple of irregular ones (me and jenquat), and an outsider remoting in from Sausalito, and it's time to schedule another one.
Let's talk about start time. At the 7/29 gathering, we played and experimented from 1p to about 7p or 7:30p. If we do 10:00 or 11:00 we probably need to figure out or bring lunch. We're happy to provide cheap/one pot type lunch. But we also have space for a potluck if we want to try that. If we do 1:00, we may coordinate group dinner? Or quit before then? Either way. Any thoughts?

I think the house can reasonably accommodate 12 players across two ships, so please do RSVP. I think I have 2 or 3 outsiders interested in playing, but will update here if more commit.

Let's shoot for bringing your own devices with Artemis 2.4.0 installed. 2.6.0 will do in a pinch. It may generate error messages, but no big deal. It seems pretty stable with a 2.4.0 server, mostly 2.4.0 clients, and a few 2.6.0 clients.

Everything else you need to know should be either in the first IRL post, or in the guide I wrote up. But let me know if I missed something or you have any questions!
posted by kalessin to Meetup (22 comments total)

Sweet!
posted by danny the boy at 2:10 PM on July 30

So... I am strongly considering rescheduling this to another date. August 27th, a white supremacist rally is planned in Berkeley, and so is at least one counter protest. This means BART will probably be a terrible experience and so is driving. And I don't recommend walking through one of these protests, if it moves toward Oakland and my house, which they often do.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?
posted by kalessin at 10:42 AM on August 16

That sounds like a prudent plan.
posted by zachlipton at 9:25 PM on August 16

Yeah do what makes sense... I would still love to join for one of these though!
posted by danny the boy at 10:00 PM on August 16

Definitely OK to postpone. Driving across the bay to be closer to a crowd of white supremacists is not at the top of m weekend fun list.
posted by mark k at 8:48 PM on August 17

Anyone have any ideas on when they'd like to postpone to?
posted by kalessin at 9:42 PM on August 20

Okay, jenquat and I are thinking the weekend of September 12 & 13. Anyone have a preference? We could do Labor Day weekend too, but don't want to conflict with folks' plans if possible.
posted by kalessin at 10:45 AM on August 22

I think you may be looking at the wrong month. September 12 is a Tuesday. Labor Day weekend is Sept 2-4 and the next one is the 9th and 10th.

Any of those days are fine for me.
posted by aubilenon at 1:21 PM on August 22

I think you are right! Thanks for the heads up. So yes, September 2-4 (probably) or September 9 or 10th.
posted by kalessin at 5:56 PM on August 22

We are thinking September 10th.
posted by kalessin at 7:55 PM on August 24

I set start time to 1:00 p.m. but if we want to do 10:00 a.m. or something that includes a meal, there's a good Mexican place a block away, or we could pot luck, or we could chip in for something. Thoughts?
posted by kalessin at 7:58 PM on August 24

Labor day weekend would've been tough but I can almost certainly make the 10th.

Happy to either bring stuff or grab Mexican, whatever works best for you & jenquat.
posted by mark k at 8:51 PM on August 24

I think the 10th works, but will have to confirm for sure a bit closer to the date.
posted by zachlipton at 9:02 PM on August 24

Okay, I need to end the event on the 10th around 5:00, so we could either do a shorter run than last time (and arrive around 1:00 or we could start earlier. What do you think? Any opinions?
posted by kalessin at 11:38 PM on August 31

Looking forward to it this Sunday... are you beer/wine drinkers? Can I bring that, or something else...?
posted by danny the boy at 2:55 PM on September 8

We are cider drinkers (and jenquat likes wine or rosé) at 2008, but feel free to bring whatever you like as long as it goes home with you (or in someone's belly, I suppose. :) )

We would also welcome any snack foods, whatever you feel like. I'll probably supply some sort of cheese plate and cured meats of some sort.
posted by kalessin at 11:34 PM on September 8

I got held up a bit this morning and will likely be closer to 10:45.
posted by zachlipton at 9:20 AM on September 10 [1 favorite]

I am in the same boat as zachlipton. Not literally, but, yeah, 10:45ish
posted by aubilenon at 10:07 AM on September 10 [1 favorite]

Thanks for hosting kalessin! Had fun with you all
posted by danny the boy at 7:22 PM on September 10 [1 favorite]

Thanks for having us!
posted by zachlipton at 11:37 PM on September 10 [1 favorite]

Glad you all seemed to enjoy yourselves. I'll do another one for early November. Yay!
posted by kalessin at 6:55 AM on September 12

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments