Meetup at Southpoint Mall!
posted April 20, 2017 5:54 PM   RSS

Inspired by the Southpoint side-convo in this post on the blue - let's have a meetup at The Streets at Southpoint!
The Food Court has American Meltdown and Porchetta as well as the usual mall food court mainstays. Sadly the Belgian Waffle truck no longer has a stall there.

Preferences for dates? Brunch, lunch, or dinner?

Hall massages optional.
posted by research monkey to Proposed (21 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I'm up for that, depending on scheduling.
posted by Rock Steady at 4:39 AM on April 21

Haha, this is so random! But I live not far from there so I am up for this! When did the waffle place close???
posted by leesh at 5:22 AM on April 21

Just steer me away from the Apple store and I'm up for it.
posted by wens at 6:56 AM on April 21 [1 favorite]

Ha! This is delightful. I should be back in the area later in the summer, like August. I realize that's probably farther out than what you're planning here. I'll stay tuned to see if it's a date I can make.
posted by witchen at 10:03 AM on April 21

lol Southpoint. Ignignokt and I will be in town over Mother's Day weekend and could possibly do a meetup there and then, because that's the only place in Durham I remember how to drive to.
posted by Metroid Baby at 10:22 AM on April 21

My teenage daughter is going to laugh so hard when I tell her that I am going to the mall with my friends.
posted by Rock Steady at 10:50 AM on April 21 [6 favorites]

As long as I am around, I'm in!
posted by Stewriffic at 10:58 AM on April 21

No love for CHINA MAX? Come on guys!
posted by oceanjesse at 12:06 PM on April 21

May 13th?
posted by oceanjesse at 12:17 PM on April 21

A Mother's Day meetup at a shopping mall food court would be hilarious.
posted by ardgedee at 12:37 PM on April 21

I'm surprised nobody's suggested Cheesecake Factory.
posted by research monkey at 1:16 PM on April 21

I could do the 13th!
posted by leesh at 2:05 PM on April 21

I can also do the 13th! I don't know why I got an extra little thrill at the mention of the Cheesecake Factory? But Porchetta is a much more realistically good idea. Maybe we could head to the CF after for dessert.
posted by something something at 3:01 PM on April 21

13th is good.
posted by Rock Steady at 3:52 PM on April 21

Barnes and Noble is quietish and cafe-like, but less like a classic 80s mall experience.
posted by amtho at 5:37 PM on April 21

I'm going to propose May 13. But what time? Preferences?
posted by research monkey at 11:43 AM on April 22

My vote is for early afternoon, like 1 PM. Although I'm free all day so other times are not a problem.

Incidentally there's a Sam's Bottle Shop not far away, if folks want to go out for post-meetup beers.
posted by ardgedee at 6:50 PM on April 22

May 13th may work, my son has a track meet that day and the schedule hasn't been nailed down yet. Would love to meet some of my fellow MeFites. Thanks research monkey for getting this rolling.
posted by skepticbill at 6:54 PM on April 22

I would likely go to this too! I have gotten food from that Porchetta kind of often considering I just moved to Durham last fall. The 13th works for me.
posted by bananana at 7:47 AM on April 23

That's a 10 hr roundtrip for me (I'm in Asheville) so, sadly, I won't be there. I'll get to meet some MeFites one of these days.
posted by MovableBookLady at 11:47 AM on April 23

I'll be at my sister's bachelorette party in Asheville that weekend. One day the dates will work out and I swear I will make it to a meet-up again, guys. It's been way too long.
posted by thivaia at 6:15 PM on April 23

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.