Join 3,512 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Weekly Brooklyn Comedy Meetup
posted December 17, 2012 5:03 PM   RSS | iCal | +googleCal

Wed December 19 at 8:00 PM, Muchmore's
2 Havemeyer Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA (Map & Directions)
FINAL.Muchmore's is having a comedy thing, and our beloved (and be-liked and be-"he's okay I guess"ed) mefite Greg Nog will be one of the people doing a comedy thing. I hope everyone finds this fun and has a fun time. It costs $5 which is about as much fun as I plan to have. There is cheap beer there.
It should also be noted that Thursday is my birthday so if you complain about the venue, I get to cry and you can't make fun of me.
posted by the young rope-rider to Meetup (18 comments total)

I can't make it, but happy birthday!
posted by Obscure Reference at 5:02 AM on December 18, 2012

Thank you! And thanks for entertaining my little one with coasters tqhe ot1her [sic]
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:06 AM on December 18, 2012

Fuck I can't go FUCK. This is a double dip of despair. You are both glorious children of god.
posted by Potomac Avenue at 7:43 AM on December 18, 2012

Sad that I can't come :(
posted by Salamandrous at 8:05 AM on December 18, 2012

So apparently the doors aren't until 8, and the show doesn't start 'til 9. I also appear to be the last performer, so I'm not likely to be on 'til 10:30-ish. Given that time-frame, it may make more sense to move a mefi meetup proper to a different place?
posted by Greg Nog at 11:45 AM on December 18, 2012

Phew! I was about to ask what your timeslot was. Why not have a meetup that moves?
posted by loriginedumonde at 12:18 PM on December 18, 2012

Greg why are you embarrassed of your mefi friends? If you comedy us, do we not laugh?

I'll pick a different place

:(
posted by the young rope-rider at 12:30 PM on December 18, 2012

Incidentally, it looks like my piece will be ten minutes long. I will be reading short descriptions of all the different cat breeds that exist, because I love cats immensely.
posted by Greg Nog at 5:39 PM on December 18, 2012

PSYCH! It will totally be at this venue, place, time, moment, universe. Nothing has changed. Frown turned upside down.

Looking forward to it, Mr. Nog.
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:42 PM on December 18, 2012

It seems unnecessarily cruel to call a meetup for 7:30 when doors are at 8; I agree with lorigine that y'all may be better served by a meetup somewhere else nearby, then if anyone wants to hear me go on about cats, the hypothetical anyone can come by once the show starts around 9.
posted by Greg Nog at 6:16 PM on December 18, 2012

Oh, I didn't actually read your earlier comment, sorry.

I will make this for 8. I can't be moving meetups. You know how my hip gets when I drink.
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:43 AM on December 19, 2012

I will arrive closer to 8:30. I expect to be thoroughly amused.
posted by loriginedumonde at 1:03 PM on December 19, 2012

SNEAK PREVIEW
posted by Greg Nog at 1:36 PM on December 19, 2012

I'm bringing along a civilian
posted by the young rope-rider at 1:42 PM on December 19, 2012

is it a baby civilian

babies don't understand funny cat things
posted by elizardbits at 4:06 PM on December 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

This sounds pretty amazing, but I regret to inform you that I can not attend. However, I didn't post to tell you that, I posted to tell you happy birthday. Happy birthday young (but not as young) rope-rider.
posted by wintrymix at 4:58 PM on December 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

babies don't understand funny cat things

Neither do I, apparently! I was there but I missed the funny cat things.

Thank you, wintrymix.
posted by the young rope-rider at 4:59 AM on December 20, 2012

Also, if anyone knows the name of the really funny person I would like her info.
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:00 AM on December 20, 2012

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments